TMS for Cognitive Neuroscience Workshop
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) for Cognitive Neuroscience Workshop.
The TMS for Cognitive Neuroscience workshop is run in collaboration with neuroscientists from UCL, Lancaster and York. The workshop is designed specifically to equip you with knowledge about the opportunities and limitations TMS can offer your cognitive neuroscience research programme.
The workshop covers:
- A brief history of brain stimulation;
- The physical and neurophysiological basis of transcranial magnetic stimulation;
- How to design virtual lesion experiments using both on- and off-line repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS);
- Using MEPs in cognitive neuroscience;
- Chronometric TMS and combining TMS with other methodologies;
- How to integrate TMS into your research program.
The workshop also offers the opportunity to gain hands-on experience using a TMS system as both an experimenter and as a participant, a session in which to design an experiment from the ground up, and a platform to deconstruct the strengths and weaknesses of an existing study.
The course is designed for anyone interested in incorporating TMS into their cognitive neuroscience research, and is suitable PhD students, postdoctoral researchers, and principle investigators.
Early Bird Standard Rate – £500.00
Early Bird Student Rate – £400.00
Please note that the early bird offer is only available until March 1st, 2019.